Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey All,

First time posting on this board, so don't grill me! Horrible, horrible pun. I'm so sorry.

Moving on...

Last year, I bought a 22.5 inch Charbroil charcoal grill. It was my first grill and I have enjoyed the hell out of it. I must say, though, that it isn't exactly the must rugged material object I've ever purchased. It has been kinda shoddy (screws frequently need tuning up, wheel keeps falling off, and the inside lining of the lid has been peeling). Actually, the lining has been bordering on flaking for some time, but didn't fully become a problem until a large tree branch fell and dented the top of the grill. Needless to say, my grill has faced some hard times recently.

So! I would like to get another charcoal grill to replace my current one. I use it for everything from beer butt chickens to burgers to ribs to huge pork loins. I really liked the size of the 22.5 incher, but would be willing to change up on that if I found the right grill. I'd be willing to spend a few hundred bucks IF I felt like I was getting something super high quality. Really, I'm totally flexible. I just want the best grill possible at a somewhat reasonable price.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on particilar brands, models, or retail locations? I have visited BBQ Galore and while it is nice they don't carry much of a charcoal selection. Thanks very much!

Joe

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
No. of Recommendations: 1
Do any of you guys have any suggestions on particilar brands, models, or retail locations? I have visited BBQ Galore and while it is nice they don't carry much of a charcoal selection. Thanks very much!

I assume dat y'all checked out da stuff at Home Depot, Lowe's and Wal Mart. You might want sumeting like http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Series.aspx?category=Outdoor+Cooking&subcategory=Charcoal+Smokers+%26+Grills&series=OUT-1001-9&seriesname=Pitmaster&id=0 . Now den, if dat ain't built sturdy enough fur you, why don't you have someone locally build you one. Start with a 4-foot hunk of 30-inch drive pipe and maybe a couple of foot of 24-inch casing and some plate. You will want some steel angle iron fur da supports and fur heaven's sake put on some decent sized wheels, maybe from a decent wheelbarrow so you kin move it on something sides pavement. ;-)

C.J.V. - if you can't find scrap drive pipe, use a old propane tank

Hi Joe!

Welcome to our happy board. You'll find that it's a real community over here and you'll be glad that you found your way.

I've never been so happy bbq'ing since I made my way back to charcoal and bought my Weber. I look forward to using it every day, and we totally enjoy all the good eats we get from it.

There are many choices out there. I'm very happy with my Weber Gold. Here's a link to show you what I have.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004RALR/qid=1118269575/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-0880844-5164828?v=glance&s=garden&n=1000

Good luck, and again, Welcome!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Joe,

Welcome! How're y'all doing?

First time posting on this board, so don't grill me!

LOL...ain't no worse than any I try posting...no apologies needed 'cause I ain't apologizing for mine. :-)

Here's your first beer, the fridge is over there *pointing* and you're on your own after the first beer. Y'all make yourself at home, sit back and relax, and spill your most memorable Grilling (Fishing, Hunting, whatever) stories and we'll see if we can top them. <bg>

I would like to get another charcoal grill to replace my current one.

Along with the URLs and ideas you've already been given, here are a couple more links that may help;

http://www.bbqfools.com/BBQGrillsandSmokers.php

There's also a list of manufacterers and re-sellers here, III. Suppliers;

http://www.bbqfools.com/BBQFAQ.php

Once y'all find something that looks interesting, holler back again so's we can make sure you're getting a good grill.

Again, Welcome Joe!

ßillƒ
Wow, thanks for all the great links guys. I'm going to go check out all the local stores this weekend, pick out a couple of what I think are the best fit for me, and then post them back here to see if you guys have any thoughts on them.

This board rocks.

Joe
Yus said ' axed...

"First time posting on this board, so don't grill me! Horrible, horrible pun. I'm so sorry."

Yessir ... dat were a horble pun ... pun mah word it were! Does yuh want just a grill or does yuh want to do indirect heat cooking? De latter is more versatile. 'N in spite uv whut de salesmen say, yuh don't have tuh spend a ton uv dat Yankee Money.

DeColonelCAF
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey Colonel,

I'd like to have something to cook indirectly with. That is focus #1. Thanks for asking.

Joe
No. of Recommendations: 3
I'd like to have something to cook indirectly with.

How 'bout an old filing cabinet?

(You can use last year's tax return to start the fire wit, too - kindof like takin' 2 steps in 1. ;-)

http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/bbq4u-about1294.html