No. of Recommendations: 1
Buying Kellogg was using the theory of buy stock in a company that makes things you use. There is a Kellogg product that I s used in my home at one point or another just about every day.

Same reason I bought McDonalds 30 years ago when the kids were small and I would pick them up from school and ask if they wanted a snack and the first thing out of their mouths was we want McDonalds. I thought to myself I am spending so much money at McD maybe I should buy some. So I bought 25 shares 30 years ago for something like 36.00 and now it is worth something as the dividends kept being re-invested I think I have about 50 shares now.

Yes I always reinvest the dividends and play like I don't have that money I just declare the 1099 on the income tax each year and call it good.

I would like to get into Clorox as well once I reach my goal at Kellogg. The drip idea is a pretty painless way to save some money and hopefully build a future nest egg. It is just that At&T galls me to no end because they let Computershare (a miserable company to deal with) charge a fee. That irritates me.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.