Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was chatting with a person about options trading today and the conversation turned to the premium one gets on selling covered calls and how they vary based on the expectations of the underlying stock.

This got both of us wondering if there was a way to screen stocks based on their call premium. Is there a way to look up stocks where by the options market has priced in a very large call premium. I guess you could also simply search for expensive option premiums but I've not seem such as a searchable field on any of my option trading or research screens.

Is this a 'thing?' The only options trading I occasionally do is selling covered calls but I would be willing to try out the other side of this trade with a buy and hold strategy. Not quite comfortable with buying the actual call.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.