Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
For the most part I avoid mortgage REITs. Until recently my only holding was STWD which I bought as a result of Ralph's recommendation.
In the last week Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha brought a second mortgage REIT to my attention and tempted me to take a small position. The symbol is BXMT and it is managed by Blackstone. IT has a current yield of 6.7% and this yield is likely to slowly grow. IT appears to be on the low risk end of the mortgage reit spectrum but I do not have the expertise to really access this.
I found it of interest that both a couple of Fidelity and TIAACREF funds are among its top 20 holders.
Have others on this board bought BXMT or have opinions about it? I have some other information which I can share if someone sends me a private email.
My preferred REIT stocks are slowly getting called while new issues have relatively low yields. I have reached my limit on MLPs and like most others am searching for higher yielding low risk sources of income.

I am very curious as to whether Ralph has an opinion on this entity.

Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.