Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
By the way, the first "A Quiet Place" was quite good. I think that it is on Prime. I think that is where I saw it.

--

Wound up renting and watching it last night.
It was ruined slightly bc I had seen sequel first, so I fast-forwarded in parts to "get to the good stuff".

Interesting ending, which was similar to how sequel ended. I don't think it is a spoiler to say this, but basically the movies end more or less on an action being taken, and not on some long drawn-out sappy Sam & Frodo lovefest dialogue. The endings are abrupt and almost have a Grindhouse movie feel to their ending (although the movies are not anywhere campy like Grindhouse). Hard to explain, but if you see the movies, you will know what I mean...the endings are a bit unique from typical movie endings.

You could tell the first movie was more of a lower-budget affair, and the success allowed some pretty sweet FX and spending upgrades for more scenes involving the aliens in the sequel (just my opinion).

Doom
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.