Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Folks

I'm not paying(change of mind) so I'll make this my last post.

I sick of been branded this & that by people like Harmy who are guilty of what they accuse me of.

I've got a lot from these boards but, so I say thanks to all the other posters that have joined in over the years that i've been posting.

I don't post on any other boards so I doubt I'll catch up with you guys any place ever.

Last bitch I'm amased that Harmy was given a years free subsribtion & Wayjo wasn't I think when you look at the knowledge between the two Wayjo wins hands down.

Broome look out the big fellows on his way.

Regards
Bazza

Print the post Back To Top
Bye JR
The board will be less interesting for your departure.
You do realise you've got a little purple hat don't you?
I said hat not helmet!!

Jono---

I'm so sorry you're going-----

But I think after being called a troll after your generous
sharing and support of this board for so long who would blame you!

All the very best, and take care.

Fatcassie1
Dear JR

when I joined this board I found your posts a bit abrasive but over time I have bcm quite used to you and value your imput and have come to enjoy your style. You will be sadly missed.

I can't believe wayjo didn't get a free years membership - I don't understand how fool works - but he has started to visit the UK board and I will be one who will follow him there - I have learnt a lot from him (and from you) and wouldn't like to loose both of you at the same time.

regards

Judy

I think you will enjoy the UK boards Judy,

I have always preferred them personally, there is a lot of learning
to be gained there, and some very smart people contribute,

They are not afraid to have a joke and send themselves up,
and a lot less of this taking themselves very seriously, which
is a refreshing change.
Generally speaking I find all the financial boards I have visited,
including all the local boards and the US fool boards have just too
much competitivness and "I am smarter than you" tone about them
to keep me interested for long.
Must be a testosterone thing!

Cheers.

No. of Recommendations: 2
But I think after being called a troll after your generous
sharing and support of this board for so long who would blame you!

FC
The word troll is used by, and is defined by, the TMF to describe posters who are abrasive, rude, sarcastic and insulting in their posts.
I found that JR, for all his undoubted TA abilities, falls into the troll category.
It is no good pointing the bone solely at me because Barcoo has also had many run-ins with JR.
There is a standard of decorum used on the boards which allows people to freely express themselves, be humorous and exchange information without personally affronting people.
I have, on occasion, apologised for any posting of mine which might have caused offence - I have never seen JR apologise for any of his offensive remarks.
It is called maturity FC.
Regards
Harmy

hi fatcassie

I have already looked at the australian/uk board and was quite impressed. I will also look at the valuation boards.

Have a look at the foolish collective board/US - the people there are very supportive and it is definitely a learning board and not a competitive board. at the moment i am involved in and analysis of ROIC - hopefully i will be able to use that to understand some of my companies.

thanks for the post - and I hope I will be seeing you all on the uk boards.

judy
No. of Recommendations: 1
"who are abrasive, rude, sarcastic and insulting in their posts."

Harmy,

He gets a little fired up and abrasive at times, but as you would know he isn't the only one.
My version of a Troll is someone who denigrates and abuses people
constantly,he doesn't do that--tries to help more often,

We will miss him around..

Best.

FC.
My version of a Troll is someone who denigrates and abuses people
constantly,he doesn't do that--tries to help more often

FC
If it will help the situation then I will, of course, tender the hand of friendship to JR. In return he must realise that some of his remarks have been extremely offensive to me personally. Disagreement by all means but let's not include offensive remarks in any response.
Regards
Harmy
I should also like to say farewell Jono. I think it must be something about the looming deadline because even the Retire Early Board has been particularly hostile over the past couple of days. Most unlike them.

This will probably be close to my last post as well unless something inspires me in the next 24 hrs to either join up or write something else. Barcoo I have sent you an email about ARP if you're interested.

I have enjoyed the boards a great deal and wish everyone the best. As Judy has said I have started visiting the UK boards and would be happy to hear from people over there.

One thing I have already learned from lurking over there is that the US site does not have a monopoly on intelligent posters and that may be their undoing - the arrogance to think everyone will stay because they have a better product. The posters and their input are the product.

I have done some analysis and gladly admit I may be way off-beam on this due to my lack of information but here goes....

It has been suggested there are 5,000 posters using the boards. They have given 1,000 posters free access for a year. From some of the polls as much as 60% have said they won't pay. One presumes these people would be outside the freebies, but even if we apply it over the whole community and reduce it to 50% as people have a change of heart then we are left with 2,500 people that will leave tomorrow. My maths tells me that that leaves 1,500 people paying $29.95 which will get them 2 years service. 1,500 x $29.95 = $44,925. Less than the cost of 1 web staff member.

Was it really worth this much aggro within the community and the creation of 2 classes of posters for $45k? I think not but other's obviously think differently.

You may hear from me again when we all start receiving emails saying how much we miss you and here's a complimentary month to sample the changes we made blah, blah, blah... and I will be happy to take them up on their offer when/if it arrives. Until then

Best wishes...