Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Even people who formally tolerated him have begun pointing out his lunacy to him.

ET and UR,

Were you guys in black tie when you were tolerating Sam's lunacy?

Earthshakingly important stuff, CB. Thanks God for Patrick Byrne.

s
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Patrick:

"Even people who formally tolerated him have begun pointing out his lunacy to him."

Try that excuse with the SEC. Maybe you should send Ken Israel a memo. Have ET and UR co-sign it with you.

Kindest regards,

Sam E. Antar (former Crazy Eddie CFO and a convicted felon)
No. of Recommendations: 3
The best part about this is that I can tweak the Establishment press, by name, and thereby stick them with a dilemma: do they ignore this, and thereby let thousands of people per day (yes, we hit 6,000 the other day, and I am expecting I can easily build it to 20,000 - 50,000) read these exposures without reply (thereby proving my point), or does the Nocera-Bethany-Herb-Roddy rat pack start attacking Deep Capture, thereby driving more traffic to it to see their paradigm deconstructed? My guess is that they would much prefer the former, but at some point, their silence is going to look pretty damning.

CB,

This guy has post-graduate degrees from Stanford! (I think he has more than one, but I'm too lazy to confirm it.) Can you believe it? If I ran Stanford, instead of posting this, I would be scrambling to find a way to take his diplomas back.

Even you have to admit that this is pretty childish. (Don't you?) Not to mention hypocritical. Oh, and ridiculously illogical.

Lack of response = proof of correctness??

Silly me. Of course it does! Now that you mention it, what other explanation could there be for a lack of response?

s

P.S. Watching a guy who is clearly more in love with himself and the persona he's created resort to what frequently amounts to "I know you are, but what am I?" is so much fun.

P.P.S. And only tangentially relevant to this post, I would point out to Patrick that pretending not to have pretensions is pretentious.
No. of Recommendations: 0
S:

I can't take responsibility for Stanford, since Patrick never took any of my courses there.

With respect,

Sam E. Antar (former Crazy Eddie CFO and a convicted felon)
No. of Recommendations: 2
look if you found out the guy running Sears or Wall-Mart had a blog called "Deep Capture" would you still do your shopping there? I mean, it would give me pause. I wonder if retail analysts have factored this phenomenon, that you don't shop at places run by guys who maintain blogs called Deep Capture, into their analysis.
No. of Recommendations: 2
look if you found out the guy running Sears or Wall-Mart had a blog called "Deep Capture" would you still do your shopping there? I mean, it would give me pause. I wonder if retail analysts have factored this phenomenon, that you don't shop at places run by guys who maintain blogs called Deep Capture, into their analysis.

The average Sears/Wal-Mart/OSTK buyers wouldn't know about it, or wouldn't care. WMT has been received as much bad publicity as it's possible to get, yet their stores are filled all the time. I don't think most Wild Oats/Whole Food customer cared about the BS John Mackey pulled. Of course if the blog in question shows that the guy is crazy... Let's just say I don't trust crazy people to make me money. Most analyst probably agree with me.