Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
c172, I actually remember that, I was just heaping a little more abuse on him as well for fun.

(in re: Kessler)

No doubt he added a significant amount to the CODB for the pharmas and many others, especially the tobacco industry. Although I am a little ambivalent about my feelings in that regard. Nobody else stepped up to that plate, we had cartoon characters pushing cigarettes, advertising campaigns that sure seemed to target minority groups in poor neighborhoods, and mountainous evidence revealed during discovery that I personally found shocking.

On the other hand, it's been widely known and taken for granted that smoking and tobacco are dangerous, and once that became extremely distributed information, and the Surgeon General slapped warnings on everything, anyone that began smoking after that point would have a hard time in my mind coming up with an excuse that would circumvent personal responsibility for their actions.

People like my father and his brothers that went to Korea and came back all hopelessly hooked on cigarettes thanks to Lucky Strikes, that's a little different. He's the only one left alive now, but they all came back from Korea. It's sad something from America killed soldiers when the enemy didn't manage to do it.

The news about the drug order from our friend in Iraq is interesting. I don't know much about the vetrinary pharmacopoea, what's the stuff like?

RSH.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.