Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
***C172M, are you one of the obscure microenyme systems I haven't yet been inundated with documentation about. (?) Just kidding.***

Not sure how to take this... You might be able to find my DNA in many of the areas you mentioned...
*---
No offense meant, I just have been thinking about the P 450 enzyme metabolic pathway in the liver lately (some stuff on the J&J board) and c 172m sounded like another one; or else a very very very heavy new metastable radioactive isotope of Carbon (normally 12 AMU's; 172 would be interesting.)

And hey, it's Joisey, West Point, PA (Merck), (well they are also in Joisey along with their chemicals partner, Linden), the Wilmington, Delaware area (the former ICI, now reincarnated as Zeneca I believe, DuPont and others), MD and CA (the genomics medicine companies), Upjohn (now part of Pharmacia) in Kalamazoo, MI; Schering has a big presence in Kenilworth, NJ {I've no idea what else Kenilworth might be famous for; I never would have heard of the place apart from them being there, I think; perhaps it was the place the potato chip was invented or something.}

A lot of pharmaceutical companies have extensive facilities in Puerto Rico, though not HQ'ed there. Not sure about the USVI, Bahamas, Hawaii (doubtful - Hawaii is horribly expensive and does not offer the special tax status that PR offers) or the Bahamas.

The Caymans wouldn't be bad either. :)

RSH.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.