Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyone familiar with the NY and CA tax forms?

Do I get credit for my CA non-resident tax payment on my NYS resident return? If so, where? I will pick up the state editions for TaxCut shortly but in the meantime I will be filing for extensions and need to figure out my estimated tax payments. Don't want to overpay if I don't need to.

Also, is state disability tax payments considered to be part of the overall state tax due. Specifically, I am thinking about CA where I only withheld that (line 14 on the W2) and nothing else

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.