Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 24
“California plans to be abortion sanctuary if Roe overturned”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Selected snips in the interest of brevity)

The state Legislature on Wednesday revealed a plan to make the state a “sanctuary" for those seeking reproductive care, including possibly paying for travel, lodging and procedures for people from other states.

CA already pays for abortions for many low-income residents through the state's Medicaid program. And California is one of six states that require private insurance companies to cover abortions, tho many patients still end up paying deductibles and co-payments.

Money for all this progressive posturing? No problem. Their coffers have soared throughout the pandemic….the state's Legislative Analyst's Office predicts California will have a surplus of about $31 billion.

….support patients seeking abortion for travel expenses such as gas, lodging, transportation and child care…reimburse providers for services to those who can’t afford to pay — including those who travel from other states whose income is low enough that they would qualify for state-funded abortions under Medicaid if they lived there.

Newsom is 100% on board and was instrumental in forming the plans.

These snippets don’t do the article Justice. If you’re pro-choice, you’ll find it encouraging.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-plans-abortion-sanctua...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
The state will be a sanctuary state for illegals and legals. Smash and Rob....I mean, Smash and "just take" should be a big score for business there.

Sanctuary abortion.
Dropping taxes due from Marijuana dispensaries so they can compete fairly with the illegal drug trade which is also basically Sanctuary blessed.

In fact crime in general is sanctioned and ignored. That way the numbers of criminal cases drop if none are reported or tried.

No cash bail state. If they get arrested, let's get them back out to vote and do more damage.

A Democratic haven.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 21
As a California taxpayer, I wholly support this humane and brilliant use of my contributions to the state. It makes me proud to be a Californian.

SLL
No. of Recommendations: 0
"I'm proud of my party"

2020 - all diverse candidates stomped on.

White, Older Male - big Bank Darling gets the nod.

"I wish him ill" - referring to Senator Lieberman.

My, how Trumpy.
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a California taxpayer, I wholly support this humane and brilliant use of my contributions to the state. It makes me proud to be a Californian.

Me too.