Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Monster Beverage has been sued by the family of a 14-year-old girl who died after she had just two cans of the energy drink.

The Food and Drug Administration announced today it was investigating reports of five deaths associated with the drink and one non-fatal heart attack, prompting the company's shares to fall 14 per cent.

Anais Fournier, died on December 23, 2011 from a heart attack brought on by 'caffeine toxicity' after drinking two 24-ounce Monster cans within 24 hours.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2221554/Monster-Beve...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


----

I'll make a note...no 24 oz Monster Drinks.......

Usually one 20 oz Diet Coke is enough to keep me wide awake when I travel....



t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.