Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi All,

Over on Pro board, someone posted relief that most of the members have stayed calm and rational during this downturn unlike posters and talking heads in the rest of the on-line universe. I liked this thinking and posted a thank you that I'm copying here, because it applies here as well! Have a great weekend everyone! I'm headed to the beach for a week and I'll think of you all while I'm sipping my home-made margarita with Costco's excellent Kirkland tequila!

"I have to say thanks to both of the Fool communities I belong to (well, 3 actually when you count Options) for educating me over the last 15 months. It has been the consistent mantra taught on these boards that has kept me calm in this sea of read that is now my portfolio! I look at each holding and remember the initial thesis behind them and with very few exceptions (GMR being one) I've been able to say, "Oh, that'll be ok, there's plenty of time for it to play out." (And I know GMR needs time to play out, I'm just a little worried it wont). The only real losses I have right now is on CMG, and that's strictly due to my own errors and getting in over my head, and I chalk it up to learning.

So, thanks everyone, thanks for teaching me to stay calm, for viewing the portfolio as a whole instead of little parts, and for seeing downturns as oppurtunities instead of calamities!"

Liz :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.