Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 45
Hey all, time for another lovely CameraNerd update. :o)

a) No pathology report yet. They sent it outside the hospital so I'm hearing it may take a little while longer.

b) They are starting to clamp off the temporary port for the cranial fluid for a few hours a day to see how he handles that. Nurse said that he did very well with this today and that when they turned the port back on he only had a couple of mL drain the following few hours. This means he *might* be able to get off the port in the next couple of days!

c) He is having trouble with his right arm. He has lots of swelling/edema from being stationary for basically a week, and his right arm just ain't working. He can make a loose fist, wiggle all his fingers, shrug his shoulder (a little) and move his wrist, but his bicep/tricep muscle group has no strength. Neurosurgeon says this isn't neurological that he can tell. They are going to get him some Phys Therapy soon to work on this.

d) He has been talking to me increasingly since Sat afternoon when they took him off the vent, but he told me this morning that he basically didn't remember anything since surgery until Monday AM. This is probably a blessing and I'm told for the drugs he was on, not terribly unusual.

e) Glasses have still not be found.

<glasses story>
Decided I needed to try to get some glasses cut for CN so he won't be blind as a bat. Got ahold of the eye doc where he last went, and they gave him an extension on a prescription that was a few months out of date. However, these weren't the people he ordered his glasses from and he couldn't remember who he went to.

So, I went to LensCrafters.

Now, CN has one of those prescriptions where you can't get the lenses in about an hour. When I went to the LC store, they told me it would take 7-10 days and I just busted out crying. They calmed me down and asked me what was going on, so I told them in detail. They said they would press their lab to cut the glasses as fast as possible, but their other problem is they didn't have a few optician measurements that they needed.

V from LC called his Doc to make sure they didn't have the measurements. When she found that the didn't have them, this woman drove 30 mins to my husbands hospital to fit him for glasses. She called me right away when she got done with this and said that she had everything she needed, let me pay over the phone, and said she would call the lab every day until they finished cutting them.

You don't see customer service like that much. Hopefully the people in the lab will understand and cut the glasses very quickly!

</glasses story>

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.