Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 18
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a CameraNerd/dianakalt update for youse guys. Some of this is in the earlier thread. If I am repeating myself, you can sue me. :o)

a) xraymd, I sent you a private response off one of your board posts from yesterday. If you haven't seen it yet, please check whatever email address is associated with your TMF account.

b) CN saw the neurosurgeon and his PCP again today. They think he had a small stroke at some point, though they haven't put a date on it. They said this explains the fluid around his brain, and I think it also is supposed to explain the low-density region they saw on the CT scan but I wasn't here to talk to the docs this AM so I'm not sure.

c) CN is also having yes ANOTHER CT scan today, this time they call it an Enhance CT and he will have intravenous contrast instead of lemonade flavored contast. They are doing this to find out more about the Ptooeytary Gland Thingie. The endocrinologist is going to wait to see him until after that scan comes back.

d) CN seems in a much better mood/spirits since he talked to the docs this AM. There is something about having somebody tell you a probable/actual diagnoses that helps.

e) I went to work today and told me VP what is up. They told me I can work some remotely, so I'm starting to do that this afternoon. I basically got my ducks in a row and met with people so that I could have my project in a form where I would have good work to do away from the office.

f) I have some very nice friends from my last job that have been emailing me and such. And two of them came and took me away for lunch yesterday so I didn't have to eat hospital crap.

g) Thanks to everyone who told me that we didn't eff up by not attacking these issues more quickly. Especially people with medical experience. This is a comfort to me.

So, now I want to learn about these silent/minor strokes that it looks like he had one of, and also am curious about recovery times and such for that and for Ptooeytary surgery if he has to have that.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.