Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 24
Hey all,

Just a quick CameraNerd update.

a) xraymd - please check your email. I sent you a question.

b) CameraNerd is still at the hospital. He is better in some ways, not better in other ways which unfortunately are the most important ways. He is still having headaches and dizziness when he tries to walk around, and is actually getting around a little less than he was a few days ago - I think because he just doesn't want to deal with the pain. Based on conversation with one of his docs today, he should expect to have headache when he moves around, but he does still need to try because doing so will help build up strength and help with the dizziness issue over time.

c) Since he is still having the headaches, which are from pressure from fluid on the brain, we are expecting for the neurosurgeon to say he needs to have surgery this week to install a shunt.

d) Part of me is pleased at the idea of there being a surgery to correct the issue, but another big part of me is terrified of it. I dont' know how complicated that surgery is or what the recovery time is - which are things I'm going to ask the doc tomorrow.

e) My work is being REALLY REALLY EXTRA NICE to me. I don't know how long they will continue to be so nice, but they let me reschedule a training class that I was supposed to be in this week for later on in October and have been great about letting me spend some time at the hospital and some time at work. Outside of any extra time I'm going to have to be at the hospital if CameraNerd has surgery, my plan for the short term is to try and work from the hospital in the morning until the doctors have shown up (which they tend to do before about 10am) and then go to the office the rest of the day. VP says he is cool with this.

That is all.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.