No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello,

I have a long standing relationship with a local bank. Last summer I took out a $10K 30 day signature loan to cover short term expenses when a commission was delayed for the umteenth time (I am in the real estate business). I wound up a little late paying off the last $2K, like 45 days. This is the only blemish on my credit report. I am wondering if the bank can have this removed, assuming they want to. I am also wondering how much this impacts my credit.

Thanks,

WHM
Print the post Back To Top
WHM,

Here is my take on the situation, although, there are others on this board who are much more knowledgable.

It would not hurt to ask the bank which you have a long standing relationship with to remove the late notation off of your credit report. I would sing the song of how much business you give them, how long you have been a customer, how you have never been late, etc. The worst case scenario is that they will not remove it but try being persistent and maybe it will work out. I would not talk to the customer service rep, I would request to deal with the branch manager.

I think those notations of late payments will cost you some points off your score, but overall, if all other accounts have on-time payments then it should not impact too much.

Sheer
No. of Recommendations: 1
I agree to try because the worst the bank can do is say "no". It may be more difficult because it was almost 2 months late.

If you are planning to purchase real estate or an automobile, it won't hurt you greatly after 2 years. If you looking into credit cards, it may hinder you depending on the amount of "good accounts" you have on your report and your length of history.

RxCPhT

The question is CAN the bank change the tradeline reported to the credit bureaus. The answer is yes. The next question is can you get them to do it?

xtn