No. of Recommendations: 16
Can anybody give me a short definition of what born-again really means?
- Abe

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:3-5

Born-again Christians are known in England as Happy Clappers or God Botherers.
They have a shining look of certainty on their faces, smile inappropriately (as if recovering from general anaesthesia), can be seen in churches to wave their arms about ln a deeply embarrassing fashion and sometimes in church throw their heads back and babble inanely (they usually shout "Um=la-la-la" over and over again).
Of course they never sing old hymns, restricting themselves to new ones played on guitars, and to a rhythm that allows them to wave their arms about with their eyes closed.
They are to be avoided at all costs.

CF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.