Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Can anyone verify that it is allowable (under present law) for me to convert my 403b to an IRA, and then later convert to the Roth IRA?

Yes, and you should do so. After all, Peter could be an Armenian agent.

IRS Publication 575 for the rollover from the 403(b) to traditional IRA. Special note here. As mentioned in that pub, make sure this is done as a direct transfer from the plan to the IRA without your taking possession of the money.

IRS Publication 590 for conversion from traditional IRA to Roth.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.