Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I really enjoyed reading Dan Caplinger's recent Ultimate Guide to Tax Planning 2019. It was very informative. But I wanted to ask him (or anyone at the Fool who knows the answer to) a quick question about the Child Tax Credit and wasn't sure how to contact him directly.

After reading up more about it online, I think my one son qualifies me for it, but basically I wanted to know if I could get the credit even if we live abroad? It appears as long as my son has a SSN (which he does), it is OK, but I wanted to ask an expert about it (and I don't have a tax lawyer).

Thanks to anyone out there who might be able to answer my question, even if it's not Dan himself. I appreciate your time. Thanks in advance.

Josh Norman
Kumamoto City, Japan
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.