Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have stock in my company, which is currently a privately held corporation, and I would like to transfer $2000 worth of this stock into a Roth. Alternately, I could buy an additional $2000 worth of the stock through a Roth.

The problem is that so far I can not find an administrator to play along. Most seem equipped only to deal with publicly traded securities. How can I purchase stock in a privately held company or transfer stock in a privately held company to a Roth IRA?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.