Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Does anyone know if you can minus your CA state income
tax from your gross income when you file your 1999
federal return?

I thought I read somewhere that you could do this, but
I may be mistaken.

Also, with regard to a same day buy/sell on a vested
stock option, is the total amount of the "profit"
taxable at your income tax rate or at a "capital
gains rate". I am not really clear on this matter.
Does your vesting period count as a holding period if
it meets the 1 year or 2 year time period.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.