Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I live in the good ole USA and love hockey. But, I'm very proud of Canada. In their country hockey is our Super Bowl or NASCAR or the World Series etc. However, my hat is off to both teams it was a great game.

But, tonight it’s a party in Canada. :)

My best goes out too all the "Olympians" your the best.

My heart is heavy for the one that lost his life and pray for his family and the nation of Georgia..his name - Nodar Kumaritashvili..he died pursuing his dream.

Print the post Back To Top

Intense game.  It was up for grabs.  I am a proud Canadian and I think I aged 22 years watching that one

It is nice to see all the competitors from various countries coming together to fulfil thier dreams

It was a very emotional Olympics. Hats off to the Olympians for putting on a brilliant 2 weeks

RIP Nodar

It was a great game for both teams.  The last minute US goal to tie the game and Canada's comeback against a great US goalie who had a great olympics hemself.  Great way to end the Olympics.

Fantastic game, particularly since my country was on the winning end.

I actually closed my business early to watch it, partly because I wanted to see it so badly, and partly because I was sure that no one was coming in during my final two hours, anyway.

It was a heck of a game. Both teams played with spirit. If the USA had to lose to a game I am glad it was to Canada.

Great game,,,,

A little too close for my nerves, but made for a story finish.

Ottawa was nuts.... Roads blocked off.... Even fire trucks and police cars were honking their horns.

It was an awesome hockey game.  I was pulling for the U.S. but would have felt some sadness if we had won, knowing how much it meant to the Canadians.  Congrat's to all you crazy canucks.  :-)

If anyone ever doubted how seriously we take our hockey... I found this on a friend's Facebook status line: 

Our Father, who art in Vancouver, hockey be thy name, thy will be done. GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS. Give us this day, our hockey sticks & forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross check against us. Lead us NOT into elimination but deliver us to VICTORY, in the name of the FANS, CANADA & the HOLY PUCK. AMEN!

It was a great game, and I'm glad that Canada won...I think they would have gladly traded every other medal they won during the olympics for the gold in hockey.  However, I still don't understand how the tournament was set up.  In most double elimination tournaments, Canada would have had to beat the US in two consecutive games to claim gold since the US didn't have a loss going into the final.  Or, Canada would have been in the losers bracket after the first loss, competing for Bronze, as the only two undefeated teams going into the final would get gold and silver.  I know Canada had to play an extra game because of the loss, but it still seemed like a funny set-up.  In any case, it was cool to see the celebrations in the streets...you definitely wouldn't have seen that anywhere in the US had we won.

HAha kdakota...

That was written on my page as well

I agree with everyone. I wish the US would have one. Glad it was Canada over anyone else and it was a great game. Honorary Gold too Nodar Kumaritashvili