Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 23
Cancel culture and woke culture.

I got into a mini fight with my wife over this. She was getting upset about the recent news story about the "cancel culture" people trying to force Disney to abandon Snow White--because she is unconscious when she gets kissed and therefore does not give consent.

My position is that most of these "cancel culture" stories are just noise, designed to make people angry. At the extreme left, they start fights over idiocy like Snow White. This then feeds into the right where they point their fingers and say, "Look how stupid the Left is! They want to destroy American culture! Remember how they cancelled Dr. Seuss!"

This is what they want the fight to be about--they want to make the Democrats defend the views of the extreme left.

So, the extreme left is annoying and they are not picking their battles with any discretion and it makes them look stupid. I think the Democrats just need to make it clear that their position is that people shouldn't be racist, sexist ***holes.

I think Biden and his team have done a pretty good job at walking this line, because they just don't take the bait and refuse to escalate these fights.

Meanwhile, the extreme right are violent neo-nazis who literally tried to violently overturn the last election result, and their actions were supported by the former President who said he loved them after they had vandalized the Capitol, chanted to kill the Vice President, and killed a police officer.

The overwhelming majority of Republicans still support that former President and are actively passing laws to suppress opposition votes, redistrict their way into more congressional seats, and repeating the lie that the election was stolen.

I ask the American people, which set of extremists are more dangerous? The fringe who wants to get rid of Snow White? Or, the mainstream Republicans who are actively undermining American Democracy and want to re-install the Previous President as some kind of an autocrat?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.