Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Am looking at buying a SFH in a 2 family home zone, and converting to 2 units. Once upon a time I remember something about being able to deduct capital improvements in the first year as expenses. Am I recalling that correctly/still a thing, or do I need to simply add to the total value of the home and depreciate?

works either way
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.