Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
(Capitalism is how life works.)

Perhaps though I managed quite well during the 27 years I spent in the military and another 10 years working as a senior analyst programmer logistics for NATO (intergovernmental agency) where I first got interested in investing excess cash ... largely I suppose because it was the first time in my life when I had a lot of excess cash and far less 'Fun' actually doing my job?

At one point I gave up my cushy job at Base Test and Eval Flight 18 months early and volunteered to go back to operational sea duty on destroyers ... because of the extra allowances and lower costs of being stuck on a small destroyer with no place to spend money and free "scran" (sailor for meals) got my finances back in order. Of course the gig at Test and Eval was because I was overdue for a break from operational flying! 😵

Anymouse
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.