Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
For CAPShot I'm interested in the difference between CAPS 1000 vs. the CAPS All-Stars that CAPS uses.

An All-Star is:
CAPS all-stars are the members with the highest overall ratings.

To qualify, you must have an overall member rating of 80 or higher. In other words, you must perform as well or better than 80% of all active members.

Whereas a CAPS 1000 is defined as:
CAPS 1000: Of the top CAPS players who are rating a particular stock, we want at least 80% of them to currently believe that it will “outperform.” In other words, we want a vast majority of the very best CAPS players to believe strongly in a stock.

So it sounds to me like CAPS 1000 is the top 1000 CAPS players, which is a smaller (and more select) subset of the total CAPS players than CAPS All-Stars. Is that correct?

I ask because when checking out the CAPShot for NFLX I noticed that the CAPS 1000 had a significantly lower opinion than general CAPS players or even CAPS All-Stars.

CAPS 1000 for NFLX From http://newsletters.fool.com/37/quotes/NFLX/caps.aspx :
63.11% Outperform

CAPS All-Stars From http://caps.fool.com/Ticker/NFLX.aspx :
84.2% Outperform (1242 out of 1475)

Is the CAPShot CAPS 1000 63.11% correct for NFLX? Is it lower because CAPS 1000 represents a more select group of CAPS players (as I suggest above)?

Thanks for any clarifications here :-).

Regards,
G
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.