Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Some time ago we had a nice thread here about 'Nationalizing Rental Housing'.

And I agree with the premise - it won't happen on a national basis but I continue to be conscious about local measures which *are* happening. Furthermore, a Generation Chipotle runs more of the country, I foresee more such rules popping up. Does this mean I run from rental housing? Heck no -closing on another home this month. BUT - speaking for myself- I continue to be mindful of the political climate in cities and states. Tenant selection - more important than ever. A Just posting this on an FYI basis....

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/11/what-to-do-if-youre-worried-...

"Rents are up 30% and more in some cities. What to do if you’re worried about a big hike"

"In Oregon, most hikes are already limited to 7%, plus inflation. Recently, Santa Ana, California, passed legislation capping rent increases in most buildings to no more than 3% during any 12-month period. And residents in St. Paul, Minnesota, voted last year in favor of a rent control policy that will also limit increases to 3% a year beginning May 1"

"In Seattle and Portland, Oregon, your landlord may be required to pay for your moving costs if you can’t afford to stay in your home after a hefty rent increase."
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.