Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
captainccs You might not get a 9% drop any time soon.

May be. But I've been following the technique for a couple of years now, and the results have seriously amazed me. Deceptively simple, in that time, it's failed twice, but succeeded more than a dozen times and counting. Not infrequently, fertile ground occurs when there has been a sharp run up and short term folks take their profits.

(Note: I'm looking for the 'exceptional' low drops DURING the trading day, NOT necessarily the final closing price. With the technique, I capture those events where we all say "If I had only known I could have bought at that level, I'D have bought in / added more!")

The time available for such buys is typically very short, not infrequently <<60 minutes. No way to capitalize on the opportunity by trying to react to news, rumor, etc. Selected targets 'obviously' have to be in the category "I want to own this company, no matter what"... or you could easily end up with something that really DOES have very negative news / events reported. It's happened to me only once. Remedy was to sell immediately and take my lumps.

Repeating earlier, the contingent order I've placed for ALGN is -9%, a point it has met or exceeded three times since December 4th last year. (Actually hit -12% that date.)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.