Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, this is a long story, and any help is appreciated.

I got into an accident last Friday. I was coming down 1 street and I was planning to make a left turn onto another street. I had a stop. I looked around. I saw one person coming the opposite way of my street, but she was far away so I didn't worry about her.

As I was making a left turn on the intersection though, I got hit by a lady that I guess was coming from behind me. I guess she was on the street that I was turning on, and she was going the same direction I was going.

I did not see her. The speed limit on the street I turned on is 25 miles an hour. I was coming from a complete stop so I was not going more than 15 miles an hour. This is not a question of my not seeing her because of a blind spot. I was perpendicular to the street so I had a good view of the streets. My guess is that the lady was driving way over 25 miles an hour.

The other lady called the cops, and the cop gave me a sheet with her insurance information on it. This is the first time that this has happened to me so I don't know exactly how things are supposed to proceed.

I called her insurance company to report the claim. Meanwhile she called my insurance company to report her claim. She's conveniently not returning her insurance company's calls even though they've been trying to call her since Friday. Meanwhile, my insurance company called me. And they're trying to assign the blame on me. She apparently told them that I ran a stop sign, which is a complete lie.

Is there anything I can do about it? I didn't get a ticket. I doubt that that lady got a ticket either though. According to the letter the cop gave me, they will not investigate my case.

Is there anything I can do about this? After all, she made a false statement to my insurance company.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.