Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
...are all over the map!

Seriously. Since adding a 4th car to the fleet earlier this year, we just got our first 6-month renewal notice from Allstate. $2860, after all discounts, if paid in full. Yikes! That's higher than I remember paying in the past. We've been with them for probably 5 years at this point.

Well, tonight I spent a few hours hitting the various car insurance companies' web sites, and found a HUGE disparity in pricing structures. The highest I came upon was Geico, at a whopping $3400 per 6 mos. Liberty Mutual took in all my info, then said I'd have to talk to a person to get a quote - grr. The early winner was Esurance, at around $1900. Then I came across Progressive, and got a quote at just over $1500. And we're talking apples to apples, same coverages for liabilty, uninsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, and same deductibles. That's more than a 2x spread from the lowest to the highest. Crazy...

At this point, I'm just kicking myself that I didn't do this 6 months ago, or even 2 years ago...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey man, those Dean Winters Mayhem ads cost some bank.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just received a letter from IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company (Ameriprise Auto Home Insurance)(Costco) claiming that due a periodic rate revision of my State, my bill has increased by 66.6%. It is further claimed this is reasonable even though my circumstances have not changed.
Is it me or is there something wrong with the way this company is run?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Is it me or is there something wrong with the way this company is run?

Comparison shopping takes some effort, but it can be very highly compensated time.

Neil