Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
car sale ... a bit complicated...

Why?

The day after listing it on CL...break down. It required a tow (done) and a probable major repair (not yet diagnosed, but I'm suspecting throw out bearing and therefore clutch). An as-is sale would probably cost too much and/or waste time. I might do the repair myself if it were summer, but I don't have a garage and would be doing it in my driveway. The weather is terrible, so I'll pay. On the up side, the weather will help sell this car fairly quickly in my area...AWD Subaru.

I did a sprint in my side hustle and think I have the cash to cover the job if I Rob Peter temporarily, and pay him back with the car sale, all of which I think can happen within a couple or three weeks. I was already prepared to shoot for a quicker sale over a top dollar anyway, since those dollars in-hand earn 17%+ so to speak. I'm also looking forward to cancelling the plates and insurance when it sells. Every little bit help!

Question of the day: I'd really like my CC debt to be at a lower interest rate. Given my situation, is there a reasonably good way?

I may have to just grin through it as I slowly retire the highest rate balances first, but it would sure be helpful if the long term rate were lower. I don't want to involve my home. Balance transfers? I haven't done the math, but paying 5% for short term 0% doesn't sound prudent either since my timeline for paying the balances is long term. I'm still in a phase where I'm looking for efficient ways to make a big difference in the short term or long term. I'm looking for good/free/easy steps I can do right now that are high impact and these interest rates are a focus.

Joining/reading this board was one of those simple, high impact steps and it is already making a difference! Thank you all!

Walstib
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.