Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In Nov 97 I gave my car to the Kidney Foundation. I had planned to deduct $700.00 for the l980 Honda. Now I hear that because I didn't know to get some signatures from and auto dealer and The Foundation I may not be able to deduct no more than $500.00. (The $700.00 price was gotten from N.A.D.A Official Used Car Guide at the library.) Is there any way I can take this deduction without using another form?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.