Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been out of work for a year now. I am only 30. I was working on a career change, leaving a solid career path in marketing (horrible though, broke my soul and my beliefs were not reciprocated - i despise mass media and the communication, habit forming, selling of BS). So I learned it and got good at understanding the big picture and pieces that make that up. The problem, is I am more of the innovator, the idea and questioner to guide the experts who truly know how to execute.

Health, that is where I was going to transition into a career, change behavior, fitness training etc. But with all that going on, I ended up with a spotty resume now, two jobs less than a year, and a gap for various reasons (got canned - work and family emergency combatted).

Now, I am stuck feeling low confidence and inability to communicate what my value is or worse, what i have done. There's algorithms that decide who stays and who goes. I am not that person.

I am in search of a job that doesn't place me behind a computer, this is harder and harder to find.
I have skills across the board and am personable. Trouble is brewing and I can't seem to find the right company and team that is always innovating for the better quality of life. I am a research and a development person but haven't held a lick of a position in it aside from analytical work (which i despise sitting and doing)...

Trying to find my way again and too many options, and too broad of job descriptions that expect you to do more than your job. It's exhausting.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.