Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
This is an ad hoc “opinion poll” based on current data showing the frequency that particular stocks appeared at least twice among five “software as a service” (SAAS) focused portfolios and screens from free public sources on the web that I consider reliable. Some sources provided weightings for their holdings and some did not. For unweighted portfolios I used all the stocks. For weighted lists, I did not include positions if they reported holding less than 4% of a stock, presuming that indicated low confidence.

On all four - CRWD, SNOW and DDOG
On three - NET and ZS
On two - DOCU, OKTA,TWLO and ZM

Sources for stocks I used here were:

EMCLOUD index of stocks with efficiency scores of 40 or greater
(https://www.bvp.com/bvp-nasdaq-emerging-cloud-index)
softwarestockrecommendations, a site run by Peter Offringa who occasionally gets honorable mention on Saul’s board
From Saul’s board, I included Saul’s most recent reported holdings in the survey.
CMF_muji, often a “Top Recommended Fool”, whose profile is mostly SAAS holdings and seems current
Previously I included publiccomps.com, a site run by Albert Wang that provides metrics relevant to SAAS stocks but since he no longer provides a current list of his personal holdings I no longer include him

There are other reliable sources that post their monthly holdings and results on Saul’s board. If you want to explore this further, the Excel overlap worksheets from HankDfrmSD’s overlap posts on the Mechanical Investing board would be helpful. You can just repopulate the worksheets with additional portfolio data.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.