Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
In an effort to remain relatively “carefree” the table below is intended to show what SAAS (software as a service) stocks are currently popular among some sources. Specifically, this ad hoc “opinion poll” shows stocks that more or less frequently appear among several SAAS-focused portfolios and screens. The data comes from free public sources that I consider current and reliable. This method does not factor in individual weightings, etc. of the holdings unless otherwise indicated.

MotleyPeer’s post 79749 on Saul’s Board provides a link to a similar compilation which uses only reports made on that board.

Sources for the data I used are:
1 EMCLOUD index, stocks with an efficiency score greater than or equal to 40 @ https://cloudindex.bvp.com/explore-index
2 ARKW, the Next Generation Internet holdings, one of Cathie Wood's actively managed funds @ https://ark-funds.com/arkw
3 Saul’s board. Saul’s most recent reported holdings as well as holdings of a few others whose monthly updates got a high number of recommendations.
4 CMF_muji’s holdings reported in his fool.com profile. He frequently gets honorable mention on Saul’s board
5 Bert Hochfield, picks made within the last 30 days as shown on the free side of Tipranks mined from SeekingAlpha, he frequently gets honorable mention on Saul’s board
6 Peter Offinga’s personal holdings as reported at softwarestackinvesting.com, he occasionally gets honorable mention on Saul’s board
7 Again from the free side of Tipranks, picks made within the last 30 days by their current two top-rated Wall Street analysts for tech companies that include SAAS
8 From the Mechanical Investing board, Tech Growers by Rdutt. Mostly SAAS stocks - returns for the top 9 seem competitive with returns posted on Saul’s board. See latest SI Pro post by Lohill on MI board for current picks.

I borrowed the macro to produce the table below from an overlap posting that used to run on the Mechanical Investing board. Although the macro produces the stocks in descending/alphabetical based on their relative frequency of overlaps, I am not sure as to how it calculates the count.

Symbol Count
CRWD 28
DDOG 28
NET 28
UPST 21
SNOW 15
ZS 15
DOCU 10
LSPD 10
MNDY 6
ROKU 6
SE 6
OKTA 3
PATH 3
SQ 3
TWLO 3
ZM 3
ADBE 1
ASAN 1
COUP 1
CRM 1
DCBO 1
DOCN 1
SHOP 1
SPT 1
ZI 1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.