Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This is about quality vs. quantity. Carolina is a quantity team. Boston leans to quality.

Carolina the lead in shots per game, #1 with 34.4, but … was only 16th in goals scored / game with 2.96. Boston was 9th and 11th i.e. more goals from fewer (better) shots.

Carolina is an impressive 3rd best in the league at limiting shots allowing just 28.6, but … only 8th best (still respectable) in goals allowed per game at 2.70. Boston was 6th and 3rd i.e. allowed fewer goals allowed while facing more (but lower quality) shots.

Carolina's power play is weak -- 20th at 17.8%. Penalty kill better, 8th at 81.6%. Boston ranked 3rd and 16th (better PP, worse kill).

Boston overall is the more efficient team on offense and defense.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
But I hate the sons of B's.
But I hate the sons of B's.

You mean like Harvard's Ryan Donato who was drafted by and briefly played for the Bruins. The son of Ted Donato who also played for Harvard and then for 8 years with the Bruins in the 90's?

The Bruins traded him to the Wild (god that must have stung).
So were the Caps and Isles.

- C -
what is there to hate about the Bruins? (Besides the obvious, Marchand, of course).
As a Bruins fan, I get it, we are a hateable team. There are class guys, Krejci, Bergeron, but .... we have more than our share of .... (a)holes. But they are skilled ones.
I so would have loved that first period to end with a Bruins goal in the last minute. If it had it would have completely deflated Carolina.
I'll take a 4th line goal at the start of the second.
More than our share? I can't count more than one.
No. of Recommendations: 2
“what is there to hate about the Bruins?”

They’re from Boston
most people don’t hate the players, they hate the fans, of all 4 Boston major sports...

Fans come off like they’re smarter than anyone else around the the country..

the front row fans at Fenway Park are a bunch of old farts with their noses in the air...
"They’re from Boston"

I resemble that remark!
Canes fans are far more obnoxious
“what is there to hate about the Bruins?”
--------------
They’re from Boston

Ever Homer Simpson hates Boston teams... calls them all "Cheaters"! season 28 episode 3, titled 'The Town'.