Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Cash is something like 67.5% which I think is a high-water mark for past year at least.

SPG dividends hit this weekend and probably show up in account on Monday.
Just more nickels thrown on the cash pile.

It looked like crypto was on the verge of another leg down, and then blew upwards this morning, taking VYGVF with it. Not going to regret it. Crypto, like the earlier SPAC craze, and like the various Meme trades, and like the overbought "covid plays" in mid-late 2020...all seem like passing fads.

Numbers are a funny thing...you can often spin them however you want.

Many are trying to say that growth can finally move upwards...because they are so far off highs.
Some like NET or CRWD aren't far off highs, but many others (ZM, PLTR, SNOW, PATH, etc etc) are 30-40% or more off highs.

But here is the thing...if they never were worth those previous highs, is today's price a "dip" or a bargain or fairly-priced?

I still can't get over the concept of valuating single companies at $1T, let alone $2T.
Why does Netflix deserve a $275b mkt cap or whatever it is? Huh?
Why does Visa deserve an almost $600b mkt cap...aren't there threats abounding from fintech on all sides?

Why do we get lulled into complacency about valuation multiples? "oh...40 P/S...no biggie...pretty much they are all that high".

TTD, DDOG, NET...all worth over $30b. Not in 10 years, but right now. Today.

You know what...I am the idiot. Just make AMZN and AAPL worth $4T each. Makes total sense.

I am going to enjoy the rest of Summer.
Eff covid and eff the news that seeks only to tout the end of f2f civilization.

Doom
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.