No. of Recommendations: 70
Greetings, all, I was in touch with Cassandra tonight. She's asked me if I would relay the outcome of today's ultrasound and the news was not changed from last Thursday. The baby has not grown further and no heartbeat was again detected. She will undergo a D+C on Thursday.

Speaking with her, she is tired but sounds strong and accepting. I am posting on her behalf so that she can conserve her energy but she is crystal clear that the outpouring of support from all of her dear posters, her friends, has lent her a fortitude and imparted a foundation of healing and early well-being that she would not have reached with such surety without your empathy and soothing words.

Without doubt she will be back posting here once she's gathered her energies and will say thanks herself in her gracious way. For now, I have the privilege of saying those thanks on her behalf.

xraymd (Andrea)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
xraymd,

Thank you for the update. I've been thinking of her so much the last 2 days.

She and her dh will continue to be in our thoughts.

b
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just read the news this am, and have tears in my eyes.

Blessings to Cassandra, Gordon, and the little one. I wish them peace.

Thanks xraymd for posting this.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for posting, xraymd. I am so devastated by this news, I cannot imagine how Cassandra and Gordon are holding up. I will keep them in my prayers.

Thank you for being such a good friend, xraymd.

--Booa
No. of Recommendations: 5
Can I just say something?

It is extremely encouraging and refreshing to see Dr. x's post - and our whole thread - up near the top of Best Of instead of the usual crap that hangs out there.

It's shifted my mental image of Fools.

BklynBorn
No. of Recommendations: 2
Heya!

I know that (thanks to Andrea) Cassandra has many friends on this board, I wanted to let you know that I just spoke with Cassandra, and posted on the Isle.

Here's the update:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24715015

Tony
No. of Recommendations: 2
Dear Cassandra and Gordon,

You don't know me from Adam, but here is just one cyberfriend, sitting in little house in California, far away from your hospital waiting room, just wanting to say my thoughts are with you. If thoughts can help, you can surely feel a lot of us out here rooting for you..

Hugs
Big Momma