Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Cathie Wood's ongoing comments expecting deflation makes sense to me based on 40 years of seeing that process in place.

I am not entirely dismissing what she is saying. Technology is deflationary but they sort of maintain the price, and increase it slightly higher by offering more.

On the other hand, the Fed has to stop pumping money. The excess money supply had created "inflation" not in the economy or things we consume, but "asset price inflation" is real. Just look at the housing, the house prices have gone by 30%, 40%, even 50% in 2 years in some areas. Even if there is a deflation, net-net it is going to be higer.

There is "reversion to mean", etc.

"Don't just do something, stand there."

That's my line!!!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.