Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
https://www.journalposts.com/2019-cdc-memo-on-ivermectin-blo...

“Ivermectin is not authorized or approved by FDA for prevention or treatment of COVID-19,” the CDC wrote, ....The American Medical Association (AMA), American Pharmacists Association (APhA), and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) strongly oppose the ordering, prescribing, or dispensing of ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial...
The talking point was seized upon by mass vaccination proponents to dismiss Ivermectin as a potentially viable therapeutic, relegating it to nothing more than a ‘horse dewormer.’
...Fauci recently reversed his position on monoclonal antibodies, which was earlier promoted by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Furthermore, the FDA has shown that it is willing to bend the rules when it comes to recommending ‘booster shots,’ this after touting ‘full vaccination’ as ‘safe and effective’ against Covid. The FDA’s credibility and reputation on the matter is thus about ‘shot.’

an effective drug to recover from Covid-19

Summary of the Evidence for Ivermectin in COVID-19

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/S...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
Ivermectin isn't approved for use because it hasn't been shown to be safe and effective. When it has been, it will be.

Studies touting its effectiveness so far have been some combination of fraudulent, too-small, poorly controlled, not peer-reviewed, not published, not placebo-controlled.

Down the road, maybe it will be shown to have some use.

If your doctor wants to prescribe it IN ADDITION to the vaccine, then I don't see a huge problem with that.

But taking it instead of the vaccine is lunacy that will get more Americans killed.

We have a safe, effective vaccine. Take it, and you won't have to worry about whether speculative therapies work.
Mr Totalitarian speaks: If your doctor wants to prescribe it IN ADDITION to the vaccine, then I don't see a huge problem with that.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Like hydroxycloroquine, Ivermectin will soon be forgotten. All that will be left is a trail of regret.
Like hydroxycloroquine, Ivermectin will soon be forgotten.

eyes closed, ears shut.
No. of Recommendations: 18
You may call us “sheep”, LFO, but we’re not the ones taking livestock de-wormer or taking economic advice from a convicted felon.

I already miss Rush- and how all of his “independently minded” followers called themselves “Dittoheads”.

You’re even more in thrall to the purveyors of nonsense than you were the last time you graced us with your presence.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I miss the dissenting voices on this board and welcome LFO, Grumps and others. My sister and her nutty family were also scared of taking the vaccine. Their news sources were the Canadian version of FOX, Worldnutdaily, etc... My sister's work mandate and our vaccine passport system convinced/induced her to get the vaccine. Guess what? Her fears were for nothing and she's relieved that she's now one of the more than 75% of British Columbians who is fully vaccinated.
No. of Recommendations: 1
You may call us “sheep”, LFO, but we’re not the ones taking livestock de-wormer or taking economic advice from a convicted felon.

A shame that you appear to be too lazy to do your due diligence before voicing your opinion and looking like a fool. Unless, you have something intelligent to say, this will be my last response to you.
I miss the dissenting voices on this board and welcome LFO,

You can miss whoever you want but I don't miss people who lie about COVID. Everything he posts about COVID is wrong and is contributing to this awful situtaion where a huge chunk of the country is refusing to get vaccinated.

It's killing people. So no, I don't welcome "dissenting voices" when they're spreading lies that hurt Americans.

He should be banned from this website, as other COVID liars have been banned from social media platforms. How people like him live with themselves, I don't know but it's evident that he doesn't care in the least. In fact, he enjoys it, which is what makes him a troll.
Everything he posts about COVID is wrong

LOL because Mr. Totalitarian says so.
No. of Recommendations: 15
And to clarify, a dissenting opinion would involve questions about the pandemic whose answers are still uncertain. There are a lot of them. For example, do you need a booster shot and, if so, when should you do it?

What is NOT a dissenting opinion is that, for example, COVID isn't that dangerous; or it's no worse than the flu; or carbon dioxide builds up in your blood when you wear a mask; or the vaccine is dangerous; or you don't need to take the vaccine if you take Ivermectin.

Those are lies that kill people who believe them.
In fact, he enjoys it, which is what makes him a troll.

His physical presence may be far different from the image he projects online.

He may actually be sociable and a lover of human companionship…

But the image he projects to the online world is that of a hateful blob who lives in a basement, whose reality is defined by the worst elements of the right wing blogosphere.

And he seems to have deteriorated since last time we heard from him… angrier, more myopically self-righteous.
bye
Buh bye
It's killing people.

Mostly it is stupid people. Covid is now the plague of the stupid.

Why worry.

Gerrymander to your hearts content. Everybody dies anyway.

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 13
His physical presence may be far different from the image he projects online.He may actually be sociable and a lover of human companionship…

That's possible, I guess. Couldn't care less if he's better or worse in real life. I care about spreading lies that kill people.

What would happen if I came on here urging young people to commit suicide and giving tips on how to do it? It would be outrageous. I would rightfully be banned and I would be morally and possibly legally culpable if my words led to deaths. That's what he's doing here.

I don't see a good future for humanity if we don't figure this out. Right now, concerted action is impossible because of the established networks of crackpot liars and an army of cult dupes lacking any critical thinking whatsoever.

If scientists told us we were going to be hit by a large asteroid in three months if we don't do something, 40% of the country would say "fake news".
No. of Recommendations: 2
Mostly it is stupid people. Covid is now the plague of the stupid.

Why worry.

I presume that's a joke as you know that it kills the innocent, too (eg kids under 12).
do you repeat yourself this often?
Figures. Political Asylum is filled with intolerant leftists who refuse to discuss issues intelligently and honestly. Instead their first instinct is to attack the poster/source without any refuting evidence. I once thought this site had intelligent posters, but now, I only see idealogues.
Like Wayne, I miss dissenting voices. But consistent liars are NOT dissenting voices. They are a waste of time and bandwidth.

And we now know that a steady diet of lies is not a harmless activity. It can - and quite literally does - kill people. At the least tens of thousands, and likely a couple hundred thousand, people have needlessly died in this country alone because of lies like the ones at the top of this thread.

If done as a prank or a joke, that’s akin to manslaughter. And if done knowing that it would cause harm, that’s nothing short of murder in my book.

It’s past time to take off the kid gloves and start calling these lies for what they are. The deliberate killing of our fellow citizens.

—Peter
do you repeat yourself this often?

Irony, thy name is LFO
No. of Recommendations: 11
Figures. Political Asylum is filled with intolerant leftists who refuse to discuss issues intelligently and honestly. Instead their first instinct is to attack the poster/source without any refuting evidence. I once thought this site had intelligent posters, but now, I only see idealogues.

Your “issues” are killing people.

There’s nothing to discuss.
No. of Recommendations: 23
Political Asylum is filled with intolerant leftists who refuse to discuss issues intelligently and honestly.

This is too rich to pass up.

Please, oh please, link to some of your posts where you discussed something intelligently and honestly with anyone, ever. In my experience "Lol'ing" pretty exhausts your supply of responses.

Maybe my biggest laugh at your expense was when you posted an article claiming the earth was just about to start cooling. Turns out the article was about the cooling of the solar wind and how it would affect satellite orbits. It had nothing to do with climate. That would have been a great spot to show you're not a troll by standing up and admitting you were wrong. Of course, you just ran away and pretended it didn't happen.

That's enough. Every interaction with you clowns is the same tail-chasing exercise that goes nowhere.

And you can spare us the "totalitarian" label. We aren't the ones staging coups at the Capitol and beating police officers with flag poles.
This is a new website documenting the Losers in the Anti-Vaxxer Death Cult:

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
IF Ivermectin has any benefit for Covid, it's going to be relatively small (i.e. something in the range of a 20% reduction of mortality). Otherwise it would have shown up in the high-quality trials. If it was a miracle cure (i.e. an 80% reduction in mortality) doctors would know from clinical practice how effective it was, you wouldn't even need clinical trials. There just wouldn't be any doubt.

There's absolutely no chance even under the most optimistic assumptions that Ivermectin is anywhere close to effective as any of the vaccines, even the shitty Chinese Sinovac.
Check this out, this is OT, but extremely interesting:

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
No. of Recommendations: 8
I find it more than a little ironic that anti-vaxxers justify their antipathy with the excuse that the vaccine 'has not been sufficiently tested'.

But Invermectin, of course has been.

(Nevermind that it's proven effectiveness is against parasites in equine intestinal tracts).

Huh? I ask you: How can one possibly argue effectively against such brilliant logic?

Jimbo
Wayne1000: Every interaction with you clowns is the same tail-chasing exercise that goes nowhere.

Exactly right. In all of my years here I never frowny-faced anyone, believing that refuting nonsense and lies was the better path... but clearly it's not. Responding to trolls just encourages more trolling. So now I see a lot of greyed out 'Ignored Fool Yap' by two posters and just think, 'glad I'm not wasting my time reading their garbage anymore or encouraging even more trolling.' There is no upside to responding to trolls.
AD,

I was skeptical about the facts they presented that I wasn’t familiar with (there were several) and made notes to research them. However, they had a bunch links at the bottom that were helpful to get started.

Thanks for posting that.

AW
Interesting. On the "fact" about "Jesus Christ" and zero evidence he was born on December 25, let me add there is zero corroborating contemporaneous evidence that a man of that name and his "history" was ever born at all.

How does that "fact" make you feel?

PS: If nothing we do matters, then the only thing that matters is what we do.

Ken
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/S...

Peru – A nationwide mass-distribution program called “Mega-Operación Tayta” (MOT), initiated at various times across 25 states of Peru in May 2020, led to a 74% drop in regional excess deaths within a month, with each drop beginning 11 days after each MOT region’s varied start times
• La Pampas, Argentina – Health Ministry compared over 2,000 patients they treated early with ivermectin to over 12,000 without treatment and found a 40% reduction in hospitalization and 35% less ICU or death in older patients
• La Misiones, Argentina – Health Ministry just analyzed the first 800 of 4,000 ivermectin treated patients and compared to the rest of the population over the same time period, they found a 75% reduction in need for hospital and an 88% reduction in death.
Well we know who from the conservatives board has the 2-brain cells for use this weekend.

Cheers,

Icemann

P.S. What absolute BS that is being posted by this Trump cultist. No wonder he has no credibility with people who actually have an IQ over 75...which I guess just leaves Trump cultists as his only audience.
No. of Recommendations: 7
I know this won't shake your beliefs, but South and Latin American countries have been using Ivermectin for at least a year now.

Peru has the highest per capita death rate in the world.

If Mississippi were a country, well the sad assemblage of vaccine deniers has ignominiously put them in second.
No. of Recommendations: 17
Well I took a quick look at LaissezFaire's Ivermectin pamphlet, and the first study that I looked at showed that the pamphlet misrepresented the results badly. It took me less than 5 minutes to prove to myself that his source was unreliable propaganda and should be disregarded.

From his pamphlet: "CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS/EXPERIENCE: numerous cases series, most notably one published from the Dominican Republic in June 2020 where over 3,000 consecutive patients presented to the ER, were treated with ivermectin, and only 16 were hospitalized and only 1 died."

From the actual study: " 3,099 patients with ... COVID-19 were evaluated between May 1st to August 10th, 2020, at the Centro Medico Bournigal (CMBO) and the Centro Medico Punta Cana (CMPC), and all received compassionate treatment with Ivermectin and Azithromycin. A total of 2,706 (87.3%) were discharged for outpatient treatment, all with mild severity of the infection... In 2,688 (99.33%) with outpatient treatment, the disease did not progress to warrant further hospitalization and there were no deaths. In 16 (0.59%) with outpatient treatment, it was necessary their subsequent hospitalization to a room without any death. In 2 (0.08%) with outpatient treatment, it was necessary their admission to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and 1 (0.04%) patient died. There were 411 (13.3%) patients hospitalized, being admitted at a COVID-19 room with
a moderate disease 300 (9.7%) patients of which 3 (1%) died; and with a severe to critical disease were hospitalized in the ICU 111 (3.6%), 34 (30.6%) of whom died."

So we see the pamphlet reported only the hospitalization and deaths of those who were given outpatient treatment initially (mild severity of infection) and ignores those who were hospitalized. Total numbers hospitalized were actually 427 and 38 died, a far, far worse result than 16 hospitalized and 1 dead.
Well said, very thought provoking and informative.
So we see the pamphlet reported only the hospitalization and deaths of those who were given outpatient treatment initially (mild severity of infection) and ignores those who were hospitalized. Total numbers hospitalized were actually 427 and 38 died, a far, far worse result than 16 hospitalized and 1 dead.

Read again:

In 99.3% of the outpatients who were treated with Ivermectin, the establishment of early treatment (on average 3.6 days from the onset of symptoms), was effective since the infection did not progress, they did not merit subsequent hospitalization and had no deaths.

The mortality of the severe to critical patients hospitalized in the ICU was similar to that reported in the international literature of 30.9% versus 30.6% in the patients of the present study.

Total mortality adding up outpatients and hospitalized patients treated with Ivermectin was 1.2%, well below the average 3% reported in most series and overall mortality worldwide, by the time of completion of this study.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/the-use-of-compassionate...
Peru has the highest per capita death rate in the world.

What does that have to do with the study I posted?
Please, oh please, link to some of your posts where you discussed something intelligently and honestly with anyone, ever. In my experience "Lol'ing" pretty exhausts your supply of responses.

Oh please, you were the one consistently name calling and repeating your nonsense that systematically inflating deaths is equivalent to inflating deaths. Only after you weren't being serious about the truth was when I started to not take you seriously and lol'd you.

Every interaction with you clowns is the same tail-chasing exercise that goes nowhere.

Talk about tail chasing: I refer you to above. LOL
No. of Recommendations: 20
laissezFaire ignores the proof I gave that the original source he cited was unreliable propaganda and goes on to cite the original study's laudatory comments about Ivermectin used as an early treatment of COVID. Good of him to actually citing the study this time instead of the propaganda. Bad of him to ignore the proof his prior citation was unreliable propaganda.

On to the study from the Dominican Republic, which had as its objective "To show that Ivermectin reduces mortality from COVID-19 infection." and which claimed to show positive results among the early stage, mild cases of COVID they treated on an outpatient basis.

From the Methods section we see "The outpatients were administered Ivermectin at 0.4 mg/kg, orally (PO) in a single dose in the ER and Azithromycin 500 mg PO per day for 5 days, with follow-up of the outpatients."

So we see that they were treating patients not only with Ivermectin, but also with a 5 day run of Azithromycin, which begs the question why they assume in the Conclusion section that the good results were from the Ivermectin alone and ignore any potential benefit conveyed by the Azithromycin. Maybe the Azithromycin was what benefited those patients, not the Ivermectin. We can't tell from this study. Other studies that were designed to isolate potential benefit of Ivermectin on early stage COVID patients found little or no benefit.

https://www.longdom.org/open-access/the-use-of-compassionate...
So we see that they were treating patients not only with Ivermectin, but also with a 5 day run of Azithromycin, which begs the question why they assume in the Conclusion section that the good results were from the Ivermectin alone and ignore any potential benefit conveyed by the Azithromycin. Maybe the Azithromycin was what benefited those patients, not the Ivermectin. We can't tell from this study. Other studies that were designed to isolate potential benefit of Ivermectin on early stage COVID patients found little or no benefit.

Azithromycin is an antibiotic. Explain how an antibiotic can fight covid-19 virus?
Explain how an antibiotic can fight covid-19 virus?

Well, you might wonder why the hospital decided to include it in the study, eh?

The study says: "When they received a high number of critical cases of patients infected with SARS-COV-2 in the Emergency Room (ER) of CMBO, they decided to modify the institutional management guide to include Ivermectin based on the in vitro study of the Monash University , in conjunction with Azithromycin for both inpatient and outpatient treatment, based on their antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties."

For a little more on the issue:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-antibiotics-tr...

"
Azithromycin is an antibiotic that researchers are currently investigatingTrusted Source as a potential treatment option for COVID-19. Azithromycin has anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce an overactive immune response to COVID-19.

ResearchTrusted Source has also found azithromycin to have positive effects against Zika and Ebola viruses in test tube experiments.

Azithromycin is also effective in preventing severe bacterial respiratory tract infections in children with viral infections.

Why do doctors prescribe antibiotics to those with COVID-19?

The new coronavirus causes a respiratory infection that can weaken the immune system. This impact can increase the risk of getting a bacterial infection, which the individual may find harder to fight off.

Doctors may prescribe antibiotics to people with COVID-19 to prevent or treat secondary bacterial infections, such as bacterial pneumonia.
"

So between its anti-inflammatory effects, test tube anti-viral effects, and its potential to ward off secondary bacterial infections that could contribute to problems, we certainly can't dismiss Azithromycin's potential beneficial effects on early stage COVID patients and assume it was inconsequential compared to the Ivermectin. Obviously the hospital wouldn't have been giving it to the COVID patients if they didn't think it would quite potentially have a positive effect.
"On to the study from the Dominican Republic, which had as its objective "To show that Ivermectin reduces mortality from COVID-19 infection." and which claimed to show positive results among the early stage, mild cases of COVID they treated on an outpatient basis."

Thanks for the details. I didn't want to spend the time delving into individual studies but it takes only a brief review to see that there is no reliable evidence, at this time, that Ivermectin is effective against COVID.

The whole purpose of promoting Ivermectin is to convince the cult that they don't need to get the vaccine because they have an alternative that is just as effective. That's happening and people are dying as a result.

People who promote lies that get people killed should be permanently banned from social media sites. Since that's only being done piecemeal, the best we can do is to call out and condemn their lies.
So Ivermectin is a Covid miracle cure but 180 other countries worldwide don’t know about it. France, China, Switzerland…nope.

Why?

They have scientists there. Good ones.

Only American Republicans with zero scientific background know. I mean it’s not like 300 million Americans don’t have friends and family in other countries that would tell them. We have a cousin in Columbia who’s a doctor I’m pretty sure she’d let us know. My daughter plays video games with people literally around the world. They’d tell her.

Global conspiracies really aren’t possible in our current age, you know?

Russian trolls laughing about how easy it is to kill Americans without firing a shot now…they know a thing or two. Right, Q?
Wow, PT. Most of those people were serious anti-vaxxers, spreading their fear and lies.

95+% of them are dead so now they don't have to live with what they did to kill other people.
Well said, thanks for a new vantage point on that issue.

Russian trolls laughing about how easy it is to kill Americans without firing a shot now…they know a thing or two. Right, Q?

Do you think it is all the Russians. Could they have done it without the 24/7 news cycle and talk radio slowly performing frontal Lobotomies on the population for the last 40 years?

Are not these “news” industries simply capitalist manifestations. In other words, has this not simply been the result of us worshiping in the temple of greed?

I listen to people that I know are intelligent and thoughtful and kind, repeat hateful things, and repeat absurdities like a mantra. Is it not likely that these people are easily swayed by Russian bots because their minds were first turned to mush for the purpose of selling coins from the Franklin mint, Viagra, or the cure shaky leg syndrome.

Maybe in a way this is capitalism eating itself.

Russia is just the fork.

Cheers
Qazulight
Read about the success India had using Ivermectin: https://trialsitenews.com/msn-showcases-the-amazing-uttar-pr...
IF Ivermectin has any benefit for Covid, it's going to be relatively small (i.e. something in the range of a 20% reduction of mortality). Otherwise it would have shown up in the high-quality trials. If it was a miracle cure (i.e. an 80% reduction in mortality) doctors would know from clinical practice how effective it was, you wouldn't even need clinical trials. There just wouldn't be any doubt.

There's absolutely no chance even under the most optimistic assumptions that Ivermectin is anywhere close to effective as any of the vaccines, even the shitty Chinese Sinovac.

International Covid Summit 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQAeguvHFM8

Doctors from many different countries testified at this conference of treating their patients with inexpensive drugs like Ivermectine and hydroxychloroquine with excellent results.

Some of the presenters at the conference spoke in English others spoke in Italian, Spanish, French, etc. Just fast forward to listen to the ones you can understand.
Read about the success India had using Ivermectin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv7Tr8HbGE

Warning: Adult language

AW
Lots of anecdotal reports. If you want some anecdotal reports to the contrary, you can find large amounts on them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Many people have died despite all the Ivermectine and hydroxychloroquine they took. We can't say for certain that those two drugs don't do anything, but we can be VERY sure that they're FAR less effective than a vaccine.