Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi folks,
Another newby cluttering up the discussion board! I have recently read on-line that cd's can be had in Europe that give one twelve to twenty percent depending on the country. True...false...and what is the catch, if any?
Second question. Does anyone know about an index fund by the name of Value Line....I have read that over the long haul it has a pretty good record. I am definitely in the early learning stages of investing and really appreciate any imput from fellow Fools!! Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Hi,

You probably want a European board for your first question - Australia is a little island off the coast of New Zealand down in the south pacific. My best stab at a general answer - Euro-zone and UK interest rates (ie for the major countries in Europe) are currently in the low single digits, so any double-digit CD returns are likely to entail a high dgree of risk of not getting your money back at all.

ValueLine is an American product which provides information about stocks. I believe that they did put out a mutual fund, but I don't know any more than that - perhaps try one of the mutual fund boards

regards

peter xyz
Does anyone know about an index fund by the name of Value Line....I have read that over the long haul it has a pretty good record.

Yahoo.Finance lists nine different Value Line funds.
Type "Value Line" where it says to "Get Quotes" and read about your choices. (I don't know anything about them.)