Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello

I am looking for a simple cell phone that could be used by my parents (92 and 86 years old - never used a cell phone before). They don't require anything elaborate, they're not going to be connecting to the internet, they're not going to be downloading videos,music, etc.

All they need is a simple cell phone to dial a number and connect with somebody just to talk.

I'm posting this on this chat board because I would expect that some people on this board are familiar with the requirements I'm looking for and may be able to suggest a phone.

I checked on Consumer Reports, but they only cover smartphones with elaborate data plans. Not the type of telephone or service I'm looking for.

I see a phone connected to AARP - from Consumer Cellular. Low price plan ($10/month ) and simple phone($35 one time). The reviews are not that good for this service.

Anyone have any experience with this provider or suggest another one ?

Thank you
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.