No. of Recommendations: 1
CentexHorn writes:

A "rollover IRA" is simply a traditional IRA that you "roll" your 401(k) into.

Hmm, most of the on-line brokerages have options for a "Rollover" IRA and "Traditional" IRA when going to open an account. Maybe they are really the same thing and that is just to clarify (or confuse :)) the issue for customers?

You must pick the asset allocation YOU are comfortable with in your retirement plans.

I'm pretty confident in how I want to invest my money. Been doing that for a bunch of years now. I'm sure some would say I'm too agreessive, others would say I don't take advantage of all my options, but I do what fits my knowledge, experience, available time, interests and willingness to take risks - it is my money last time I checked! :)

As far as Microsoft going "Enron", I don't think that will happen. But the Feds could someday manage to make something stick that might affect the value.

Actually I think the biggest risk for MSFT holders is the difficulty the company is having in generating real earnings growth. Of course that discussion belongs on the MSFT board, not here.

In any case the stock is no longer on my list of stocks I will blindly hold, which is what motivates me wanting to get the money out of the 401k account and into an IRA type account where I can move it into other investments when/if I think that is needed... I should have done that in Feb 2000 @ >$100/share - I thought about it, but decided not to... hindsight is always 20/20 (although I did sell all my other overvalued "dot-com/tech" type stocks in Feb 2000... no complaints about that decision!)

...Jason
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.