Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Seems like everyone is still in their bunkers on this board. I still have great hopes for this company, though it's frustrated the hell out of me this last year even before the recent problems. Here's an interview with the CEO which to me hit all the right notes and raised my morale again over this company. Just hope the words can be translated into action.
http://www.twst.com/ceos/cych.html
Chris
Print the post Back To Top
I agree with you Chris that CYCH is a frustrating place to be invested. It has several of the things I look for in a company, Good product, high market share and some barrier to entry. Given that they have a large majority of the market for electronic payments and that most major retailers use their product, it seems it would be hard for others to break into the market. When I bought in Jan 99. (at 20, ouch) I read about how many of the place I bought used CYCH's product and figured it was on its way to becoming the industry standard.

Now 18 months later, and the stock 75% lower my original thoughts really haven't changed. CYCH is the market leader and continues to sign up new accounts. I have to admit to some confusion as to the decimation of its share price. This is not an e-tailer or a B2C or even B2B player which will probably never make money. It is a company that provides a product that should allow it to make money.

Anyway just my rantings on the day I tripled down to average down about 50%. Even if CYCH never gets back to my new average price of 10 9/64, I am betting it will go up beyond 5 or 6

Andy
It was generally a great day for internet infrastructure stocks. CYCH is an internet infrastructure stock, more so, at least, than their competitors (CYBS, TTPA, etc.). Processing credit card payments over the internet is the next best thing to providing general security and domain names(Verisign).

My thinking now is that no matter how bad the stock price gets, something will happen eventually such as a merger, buyout, or a series of terrific announcements. CYCH is too entrenched in the Internet and has too many big name connections for this not to be...
Unfortunately, on a day when the Nasdaq is up 7%, CYCH goes down 10%, not too pleasant. I hope you are right about CYCH being too entrenched to be allowed to dissolve but there are other companies which have had their assets purchased and the shareholders get squat. I heard that CYCH could be out of cash by August, and with the stock sub $5 they really can't hit the equities market for more cash. I hope that rumor is false.

I would not be upset it someone would buy out CYCH so long as it is somewhere north of 7.50

Andy
Take off your rosie colored glasses!
Yeah, it looks bad now, but, hope springs eternal!
I'm with ya on this one. Today, (now a month since you posted) the market cap on CYCH is 167 million. Per this quote from a recent press release "Today, CyberCash has more than 20,000 Internet merchant customers and more than 130,000 physical world software products which are delivered as either software or services. " they have roughly 150K accounts. Simple math says that the company, then is worth about $1100 per account. I need to do more research, but that seems low to me...with out even taking into account the growth. I'm a buyer.