Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

On a contract and bored at work, so here I am again, 6 months later.

Question is:

I've just recently dissolved my s-corp in Illinois, and filed again in New Jersey. I just sent in my s-corp filing today. Question is, do I need to get a new FEID number? Or just let them know I moved?

Thanks,
RevlisFool.
Print the post Back To Top
A new corp. needs a new number.

TheBadger
A new corp. needs a new number.

Is it considered a new corp if all I did was change states?

In your original post you indicated that you had "dissolved" your Illinois S corp. That means it's dead & therefore you fdo need a new FEION for the new corp. in NJ. Now, maybe you didn't really dissolve?

TheBadger
Maybe I should get a new lawyer... *grumble*

Well it's too late now, I'll just send in my SS-4 form again. There is a place to put in previous EIN numbers.

-- RevlisFool
Hello,

I was reading the posts about you moving to NJ with maybe the same or maybe a different corporation. I think you might want to look into the role of the "Biennial Report" that most states want you to file every two years. That form allows you to keep in good standing with the state you are in and tells the State who the Directors, Officers and Registered Agents are for your Corporation. At least you should probably amend the one in your old state to correctly reflect your standing. If you go to a bank and need a loan for your business they always check this report to ensure it is accurate. No Biennial Report on file means that they will not loan any money to you -- you have to be what is considered "in good standing" with your repective state. Hope this assists you a bit.

Jan