Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am changing jobs which is forcing my wife to also chage jobs (relocation). My wife has a retirement benefit cashout/rollover value of about $2600. If she cashes out she would have to pay a 20% penalty and the tax on the amount (not an option) so we would like to rollover the amount. My question is can we rollover to a Roth IRA and pay the tax on the amount over the next four years or are you even allowed to rollover employee sponsored retirement programs to a Roth IRA. Any information about our options would be helpful.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.