No. of Recommendations: 0
I invested in an environmentally conscious industrial products company a while back b/c I thought they had an interesting business with potentially significant implications for preotecting the environment. They recycle high density motor oil bottles, separate and reuse any remaining drops of virgin oil and use the plastic to make shipping pallets. (pretty cool)

My question is this: the company recently filed for chapter 11. As a very minor shareholder, what will happen to me? should I hold on? sell? does it matter?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Fool On!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think there is a general answer to this. It really depends on the individual situation of the company and what the filing details were.

For any question about a specific stock, check the stock message boards to see if a message board exists for your stock. (You can do this by typing the ticker symbol in the upper left-hand field on the Motley Fool home page and pressing 'enter'. Then click on the 'Messages' tab.) If a folder exists for your stock, post your question there. If not, you can go here (http://boards.fool.com/registered/request.asp) to request a message board be opened.

You can also look for information or ask questions on the appropriate message board in the Industry and Market Analysis Folder. Just hit Messages on the home page or Folders below :)

Patrick
Print the post Back To Top