Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 27
First let me say that I'm sorry that TMF is going through tough financial times. I hope all that were affected by the recent staff reduction at Fool HQ are not set back too much. Hopefully you will all rebound quickly.

Which brings me to my topic. TMF provides some great investing stuff, and much of it for free. But does it really need to do that? I for one would pay a modest fee for some of the content and I would certainly pay for the continued use of the former portfolio tracker. I think TMF is underestimating what its members are willing to pay for. I think the portfolio tracker is one of those things. Charge me, please. $5, $10, $25 a year. Something. Anything. I would much rather you charge me for a service that is useful to me than to provide me something for free that is of nominal use. I think the users of the internet are beginning to realize that "free" on the internet is an endangered species. And those internet companies that continue to offer their service for free will alos be endangered. I for one owe a lot to TMF for providing me with an enducation in personal finance and investing. I do not want to see the company meet its demise. Even if that means paying for ongoing services like the portfolio tracker. Shucks, Value Line cost $500 plus and investors gladly pay it. Why? Because they know that they are getting a quality product and folks are willing to pay for quality. TMF and all it provides is certainly quality. I'm wiling to pay for it.

This is my plea to the managers of TMF. Please charge me. Bring back the old (or at least an improved) portfolio tracker. Stay (or get) profitable. If you charge, maybe you can stop laying people off. :) Just stay around so you guys can assist me in getting wealthy. Don't be afraid to charge for a quality product.

LF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.