Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I sent the following message to The Motley Fool, and got a nice reply from TMF Kevin, who suggested this is a good place to make such comments:

"Hello Fools:

I have enjoyed and appreciated your site, in good part because I felt
you were giving us your best thoughts. It is a letdown to see you offering your best tips for a price. Now I find myself thinking of you more like the other hawkers of stock market tip sheets.
Sorry, but that's how I feel. I hope you can show me I am wrong."

The reply was essentially financial pressures motivated the change, which was seen as perhaps not being too painful if the advice was inexpensive.

For me, the qualitative difference is important. I generally just put aside calls to buy investing advice, even though it may be cheap.

The seminars are something else(I've taken three) because they teach me useful techniques. I do see good value there.

I really miss that ol' feeling that this is a place where nobody is holding back their best thinking. How do others feel?

Fool Again, hopefully,
Charles

Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.